Not all service personnel will look at the services as a lifelong career - In fact, many regard it as a stepping stone to obtain technical or administrative skills, with a view to establishing their own full or part-time business, upon retirement from the Armed Forces.
With resettlement grants burning a hole in your pocket, proper advice should be obtained before you put your money down and who better to help you than civilian lawyers who have been in the market place all their lives.
(Perhaps, as in the case of Forces Law members, having already spent some years in the Armed Forces or Reserves and who understand the challenges of a new life "outside".
Decisions will have to be made:
- Where to live and where to operate the business.
- Is it to be run as a sole trader, a partnership or a limited company?
- What your business relationship is with suppliers and customers.
- Whether or not you have employees. On what terms and if necessary, how to fairly dismiss them.
- About terms of customer payment.
- Whether to sue or defend claims.
- Moving home, Sale and Purchase. Purchasing the best mortgage and acquisition of appropriate business premises. (Whether freehold or leasehold.)
- Advice on the implications of the trading options, the best trading vehicle for your new venture and the preparation of Partnership or Shareholder Agreements.
- Commercial contracts, terms & conditions of business, distributor rights and agency agreements.
- Contracts of employment / Service or contracts for services, restraint of trade provisions and claims for unfair dismissal.
- Credit control and collection of debts.
- Representation, dealing with the any claim quickly and cost effectively through the court or mediation
Initial thirty minutes FREE interviews will always be given. Forces Law members are able to assist you at every stage, providing you with the expertise you require, coupled with an understanding of your personal circumstances.
Contact our 24hr helpline now 0845 601 1260
or email email@example.com